Historical
HISTORICAL

In September 1947, a group of businessmen, led by entrepreneur José Fuga, started the tannery Curtume Marauense Ltda, in the small town of Marau-RS (state of Rio Grande do Sul, South Brasil). This was the beginning of what now has become the group of Fuga Couros S.A.

In those days, 20 pigskins were tanned per day. Seven years later, in 1955, the tannery made its first export sale to the U.S.A. Thereafter its growth was constant and ever increasing, boosted by the processing of cowhides.

In 1960 the company changed its name to Curtume Marauense S.A. and in 1989 to Fuga Couros S.A. Today, the Fuga Couros S.A. group trades in various world markets, participating at the main international trade fairs like Miami, Bologna, Hong Kong and Leon among others, in addition to most leather fairs in Brasil. The group has also expanded to other activities like cattle breeding, slaughterhouses and processing of by-products like offals etc.

© 2009 Fuga Couros S/A - All rights reserved.